Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snow Goats!


Here are Knit and Purl standing on their ramp with Knit at the top. Knit has this funny thing about using her hooves to paw at you. We can't quite figure out what she wants. She does it to her sister all the time too, as you'll see in the video. Knit has tonnes of personality and loves to do her little prancing, leaping into the air and has become very talented with walking on her hind legs trying to check out the food bucket when I come into the pen in the morning.

Knit really wants to play but she doesn't quite know what to do with me. Or maybe it's me not sure what to do with them. I'm cautious of those horns which they have no problem using on each other. Also I can't figure out if Knit racing around is because I'm scaring her or if she is just having fun.

I need to take the camera out and put it on the tripod and then play with her and get it on video. She loves to do these whirling leaps off of the little house and then race up the ramp but I need to clap my hands and sort of get her going which doesn't work so well when I have the camera in my hand. Not to mention the camera seems to be irresistible to them both trying to nibble on.

Purl has the curly coat and all the curls on her cheeks like big mutton chop sideburns. Knit has taken more after her mother and has no curl just this fuzzy straight hair that seems to stick straight out from her body. This should look pretty funny in the spring when it's twice the length!

The girls and the rest of us in the Galloping Goat Gang wish you a very Happy New Year!

No comments: